GIS Meets Power BI: Advanced Geospatial Visualization
Bridging the gap between GIS software and Power BI mapping visuals
Trusted by 220,000+ people worldwide.
An outline of this training course
GIS Meets Power BI: Advanced Geospatial Visualization goes far beyond plotting points on standard map visuals. With the right tools and techniques, you can build powerful location intelligence solutions that generate invaluable insights.
In this second course on Geospatial Analysis, Paul explores some advanced techniques to build custom mapping solutions using GIS software. He demonstrates how to build background map layers, create dynamic territory areas and generate isochrones or distance rings. The application of these techniques is vast, from a sales team being able to view custom sales territories to an operations team being able to analyze their service coverage.
What are needed to take this course
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Who is the course for
Analysts looking to build location intelligence solutions using Power BI map visuals
Details of what you will learn during this course
By the end of this course, you will:
- Build location intelligence solutions using Maptitude and QGIS with Power BI
- Create background maps
- Generate Isochrones
- Create dynamic custom territories
- Calculate distances and explore different routes between points on a map
- Learn various methods of geocoding
What you get with the course
- A two-hour plus self-paced video training
Field(s) of Study
Computer Software & App
Instruction Delivery Method
***This course was published in May 2023
Enterprise DNA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
Enterprise DNA Expert
- Focusing on Logistics and Transportation Analysis with Power BI, providing solutions to both manufacturers and logistics companies throughout Europe and the US.
- Specialised in Geospatial Analysis with 2 courses on the platform.
- BrIdging the gap between standard GIS software and mapping in Power BI.