- Sam is Enterprise DNA's CEO & Founder. He helps individuals and organizations develop data-driven cultures and create enterprise value by delivering business intelligence training and education on Microsoft’s Power BI platform
- He partners with business decision-makers and analysts across all industries and business functions.
Ultimate Beginners Guide To DAX
Trusted by 220,000+ people worldwide.
An outline of this training course
This free training course has been created to give you an introductory understanding of DAX, which is the formula language inside of Power BI. DAX is the true analytical power behind Power BI. If learnt well you can complete some incredible analysis that historically has been quite difficult to achieve with existing tools (like excel). The training covers some theory behind DAX that is important to understand and learn very well before you move on to more advanced formula and using complex analytical techniques.
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Learn - what DAX is and why you need to learn it when using Power BI
- Learn - the basics of DAX calculations
- Understand - formula syntax, writing comments & variables
- Review - how the data model and DAX calculations work together
- Learn - what the most important concept of DAX is - CONTEXT
- Understand - what the CALCULATE statement does
- Learn - what table functions are and when to use them
- Review - time intelligence functions
- Understand - how important learning DAX well is when using Power BI
What you get with the course
- 2 hours of course video content
- Demo data set to practice DAX formula with
- Power BI file (pbix file) resource showcasing all the examples used during the course
- 15 questions quiz to test your knowledge and understanding of the course content
Here are the specifics for the course
Learn how to:
- When and where to use DAX functions
- Use DAX formula with Power BI
- Utilise some of the great features built into the DAX formula bar
- Use the data model in combination with DAX formula
- Understand the concept of CONTEXT
- Use the CALCULATE statement
- Create filters using table functions
- Incorporate time intelligence functions in your analysis
- Become a DAX master by combining patterns of DAX formula
Understanding the basics of DAX
Reviewing the data model
CALCULATE, filters & table functions
Becoming a DAX super user
DAX Course Wrap Up
CEO & Founder
What’s the difference between a free account and a paid plan?
Do I need to know anything about data science or data analytics to get started with Enterprise DNA?
How will I be charged?
Can I get an invoice for my company?
Are refunds available?
Will AI take over the world and make data skills worthless?
ChatGPT to Improve Productivity in Excel
Beginners Guide to ChatGPT
Beginners Guide to Power BI
Get full access to unparalleled
training & skill-building resources
Empowering the most valuable data analysts to expand their analytical thinking and insight generation possibilities.Learn More
Training, tools, and guidance to unify and upskill the data analysts in your workplace.Learn More