Listen to Wendy Zhang as she talks about how you can learn analytics if you want to pursue a career in data. She also talks about how a data analytics education can come in many forms, and not just from having a formal degree.
Wendy also emphasizes the importance of accomplishing low-hanging fruits early on when establishing your data framework, and how these can help change the mindsets of people working for your organization.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- Wendy Zhang’s analytical background
- Theoretical data in school vs real-life analytics
- 80% of data science is spent on cleaning up the data
- Other ways that you can learn data analytics
- Main principles of data governance
- How can you utilize data as an asset?
- Mindset is one of the biggest roadblocks in data culture
- How do you identify and prioritize your data assets?
- Analytical technologies should have the ability to integrate with one another and with the existing platform
- The model is only as good as its labels
- Challenges surrounding the data governance space
- How having a single source of truth (SSOT) can benefit your organization
- Centralized vs decentralized Strategies