Gert Haegdorens talks about being an engineer in the analytics space. He says that the recipe to success is choosing a good data lake strategy, having a data catalog, and using the right ETL tools.
Gert also talks about how Power BI can improve an organization’s data culture because it’s easy to make the switch from Excel to Microsoft’s own analytics tool.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- Gert’s background in business intelligence
- Being an engineer in the analytics space
- Tools that help Gert’s data engineering work
- Challenges in data engineering
- How to get the most out of new data pipelines
- The role of Power BI in geospatial analytics
- How to improve data literacy in general
- Tech tools to use in data lakes