Listen and learn as Richie Bachala discusses the practical applications of data engineering to real-world operations.
He also discusses to Sam McKay the importance of data lakes in business analytics, and how cloud-based tools like Snowflake can help users fully leverage on their data to power their businesses.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
Data engineering is needed so that data scientists can do their work.
- Richie Bachala’s BI background
- What is data engineering?
- The emergence of self-service in data analytics
- Data lakes explained in simple terms
- What is the big deal about Snowflake?
- Benefits of data cloud
- The time value of data
- Exploring the platform agnostic approach
- Data virtualization in a semantic layer
- The importance of ETL in data engineering
- Data-as-a-service is the future
- Modernizing legacy applications