Data Storytelling And User-Centered Design In Power BI
Become a better data storyteller by learning techniques to create reports that inspire and have an impact.
Trusted by 220,000+ people worldwide.
An outline of this training course
Creating reports goes beyond organizing data into charts. The data have to tell a story. They must convey information that captivates the stakeholders' attention, allows understanding of the data presented and inspires action.
Data Storytelling is an invaluable skill every data analyst must possess in order for their analyses to resonate with the target audience. That's why in this new course, Alex Badiu, an Enterprise DNA expert on data storytelling and visualization, will be teaching you techniques on how to get the audience's attention, build credibility, move audience towards action and avoid creating ineffective reports in Power BI.
The course is perfect for all levels of Power BI users regardless of their specific expertise. It is highly recommended for data/business analysts, report developers, or any other professionals who want to create better reports and deliver their analysis in a more effective manner.
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Understand - what data storytelling is and why you should use it
- Determine - what questions to ask to identify a story
- Practice - the rules of design composition and layout
- Apply - the best practices in navigation
- Utilize - the tips and tricks to avoid ineffective reports
What you get with the course
- Over 4 hours of intensive training videos
- Resource pack
Enterprise DNA Expert
- +9 years experience in various financial positions: Controlling, FP&A, Pricing, Data Analyst in several multinational companies.
- +3 years experience with Data visualization solutions: Power BI & Tableau
- Former Alteryx User Group leader in Paris (2019)
- Project Manager for international BI solutions & deployments (certified Scrum Master)
- Passionate about data, people & processes, I am a true believer of simplification, automation & increased collaboration.
- Interested in Digital transformation, new ways of working, data governance and building knowledge sharing communities.