- Consulted on many IT projects using the Microsoft BI stack to the Canadian federal government since 2009, and used Power BI exclusively since 2020.
- Skilled at developing and implementing clear and simple data transformation logic, data cleansing routines, and data models, using DAX, Power Query, and paginated reports.
- Extensive experience as well with other Microsoft BI tools, including those for the design, development, and deployment of data warehouses (SSAS), ETL packages (SSIS), SQL queries (SSMS), and reports (SSRS).
- A recognized expert in the use of the Deneb custom visual within Power BI, and author of numerous Deneb\Vega-Lite-focused media (YouTube videos, templates, workouts, and the first Deneb course available worldwide)
Report Development Best Practices Checklist
Trusted by 220,000+ people worldwide.
An outline of this training course
As you begin your Power BI journey, you might find enormous amount of material for learning. This can be very overwhelming when you are just starting out.
In this beginner course by Greg Philps, he will share his top 10 best practices of creating a report using the 4 pillars of Power BI development.
This course is perfect for Power BI users who are just starting out and would like to have a guide on how to develop reports seamlessly, are not yet content with their own development process and are looking for ways to improve it, and who already have their own report development process but would like to check if they can make it more efficient.
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Learn - the best practices in data loading and transformation, data modeling, DAX calculations; and reports and visualizations
- Apply - best practices for Power BI development
What you get with the course
- Over 3 hours of intensive training videos
- Resource pack
Here are the specifics for the course
Learn how to:
- Develop reports seamlessly
- Improve development process
- Make report development process more efficient
- Create report using the 4 pillars of Power BI development
Best Practices Checklist
Enterprise DNA Expert
What’s the difference between a free account and a paid plan?
Do I need to know anything about data science or data analytics to get started with Enterprise DNA?
How will I be charged?
Can I get an invoice for my company?
Are refunds available?
Will AI take over the world and make data skills worthless?
ChatGPT to Improve Productivity in Excel
Beginners Guide to ChatGPT
Beginners Guide to Power BI
Get full access to unparalleled
training & skill-building resources
Empowering the most valuable data analysts to expand their analytical thinking and insight generation possibilities.Learn More
Training, tools, and guidance to unify and upskill the data analysts in your workplace.Learn More