Accessing Data via APIs in Power BI
Expand Power BI's capabilities in accessing a wide range of data using APIs
Trusted by 220,000+ people worldwide.
An outline of this training course
There is a multitude of data available in the universe of applications and web services. The way to get them is through APIs. However, there is a limitation to what we can do with the data that we get with APIs by themselves. We need a tool for retrieving this data, and the perfect tool to do that is with Power BI. However, this does not come easy. It is a tricky process that involves methods, authentication and pagination.
In this course by Oscar Martinez Valero, he will show us how to successfully use APIs to retrieve data in Power BI and expand the capabilities of Power BI while taking advantage of the data that is not available through traditional means.
What are needed to take the course
Who is the course for
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Understand APIs in the Power BI context
- Connect APIs to data sources like Chuck Norris jokes, NewsAPI, JIRA, and bring it to Power BI
- Transform data retrieved via Power BI with correct parameters to make the file usable
- Learn the different types of authentication methods
- Develop APIs in Power BI using different tools like JSON Beautifier & Editor, Postman, and HTTP Debugger
What you get with the course
Oscar Martinez Valero