DP-500 Prep: Data Governance with Synapse & Power BI
The second part of the preparation course for the Microsoft's DP-500 Exam Certification
Trusted by 220,000+ people worldwide.
An outline of this training course
The DP-500 exam is a challenging one, assessing the ability to design, build and maintain enterprise-scale data solutions using both Power BI and Azure. This is an advanced exam covering a broad range of topics including administering a data analytics environment, querying relational data sources, optimizing data model performance and visualizing data.
Instructed by Abu Bakar N. Alvi, a Microsoft Certified Trainer and an Enterprise DNA Expert, he covers the vast requirements of the exam ensuring you become proficient in the end-to-end deployment of data solutions.
In the second of this two-part course, Abu goes through the remaining two core topics assessed in the exam: Explore and Visualize Data and Implement and Manage a Data Analytics Environment. He encompasses all you need to know about visualizing data in Power BI, administering a data analytics environment using Microsoft Purview and integrating a Power BI workspace into Azure Synapse Analytics.
What are needed to take this course
A good working knowledge of Power BI is required for this course, as well as proficiency in writing basic and intermediate T-SQL queries, querying data from relational databases and consuming data from Azure Synapse Analytics.
Who is the course for
The course is recommended for candidates aiming to pass the Microsoft DP-500 Exam and earn the Azure Enterprise Data Analyst Associate Certification, as well as advanced Power BI users looking to build skills in designing and deploying enterprise-scale data analytics solutions.
Details of what you will learn during this course
By the end of the course, students will:
- Explore data using Azure Synapse Analytics
- Create custom report themes in Power BI
- Explore and Visualize data using Power BI including creating custom themes, R & Python visuals and paginated reports
- Identify data sources in Azure using Microsoft Purview
- Integrate an existing Power BI workspace into Azure Synapse Analytics
- Recommend source control and deployment strategies and manage deployment pipelines in Power BI
What you get with the course
- A six-hour self-paced video training
- Resource packs that include data source files for each Learning Path
- Practice Questions after each Section of each Learning Path
- Final Practice Exam
Field(s) of Study
Computer Software & App
Instruction Delivery Method
***This course was published in March 2023
Enterprise DNA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
Abu Bakar Nisar Alvi
Enterprise DNA Expert
- Microsoft Certified Azure Enterprise Data Analyst Associate.
- Microsoft Certified Power BI Data Analyst Associate.
- 23+ years of working as a data analyst, primarily as a telemetry engineer in the Defence Sector.
- 4+ years working as a Power BI consultant developing solutions for multiple industries.
- 2+ years working as a Power BI Trainer with 1000+ students trained through public and corporate trainings as a Microsoft Certified Trainer.