Intro to Paginated Reports
Trusted by 220,000+ people worldwide.
An outline of this training course
Power BI is an amazing tool in managing data, modelling data, creating insights and visualization of information. However, there may be times when we are asked to create a report on specific elements of our data that expands to more than one page. Or we may need to capture a copy of a report at a specific date/time for legal / business reasons that cannot be changed. This is where paginated reports are incredibly useful.
Paginated reports allow pixel perfect formatting of our data to fit into a visualisation that can expand over many pages, thus sharing or printing of a full report becomes possible. They allow us to plan the layout of the pages and ensure that all information is visible
In this course, Sue Bayes, a certified Microsoft Data Analyst Associate with extensive experience in creating paginated reports, will help you pull data from Power BI into Paginated Reports. You will gain an overall understanding of the basics of how Paginated Reports work and be able to create basics Reports with formatting and print as pdfs. As an analyst, you will be able to use another reporting tool to give insights into your analysis that can be distributed and printed / formatted accordingly.
Intro to Paginated Reports is a beginner level course for any user interested in producing printable reports from Power BI. There is no prerequisite to the course, only a basic understanding of Power BI.
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Import - data from Power BI service, DAX Studio or Performance Analyser into Paginated Reports
- Understand - how to build a Query within Paginated Reports
- Set up - a Report with Headers and Images
- Create - a Table and understand how to Filter and Sort
- Understand - how to format and change background and font sizes of different objects within Paginated Reports
- Create - a Chart, format the Chart and specify filtering, sorting and adding datalabels
- Gain - an overall understanding of the basics of how Paginated Reports work to enable independent exploration
- Publish - the report to the Power BI Service
What you get with the course
- Over 2 hours of intensive training videos
- Resource pack
Introduction to Paginated Reports
How to Install Report Builder
How to Get Data into a Report
How to Create Visuals-Object on Page
Create a Chart
Enterprise DNA Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Enterprise Data Analyst Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Power BI Data Analyst Associate
- Over 5 years successfully working as an independent Power BI developer and data analyst within the public and private sector
- Reporting solutions range from project management, planning, financial reporting, specific service sector reporting, bespoke data cleansing and sentiment analysis.
- 15 years of lecturing in Business and Computing before starting my own business.
- I am passionate about data in general and how we can harness information to grow business. Knowledge of R, Python, SQL and C# but main love is M and DAX.
What’s the difference between a free account and a paid plan?
Do I need to know anything about data science or data analytics to get started with Enterprise DNA?
How will I be charged?
Can I get an invoice for my company?
Are refunds available?
Will AI take over the world and make data skills worthless?
ChatGPT for Data Science
Integrate ChatGPT into Excel using Macros and APIs
ChatGPT to Improve Productivity in Excel
Get full access to unparalleled
training & skill-building resources
Empowering the most valuable data analysts to expand their analytical thinking and insight generation possibilities.Learn More
Training, tools, and guidance to unify and upskill the data analysts in your workplace.Learn More