Building An Automated Machine Learning Platform To Create A Better Data Culture With Shashank Kalanithi
Data is among the most valuable resources in an organization. The data analysts extract insights from said data to make smart business decisions. Analysts, however, can only work so fast. To extend the capabilities of Shashank's team of data analysts, they developed a proof-of-concept based on machine learning to automate the analytics process and significantly accelerate the generation of actionable insights.
|Shashank Kalanithi is a Senior Data Analyst at Nordstrom in Seattle, Washington, United States. In this episode, you'll hear about his journey to becoming a Data Analyst despite having a Chemistry degree. His role on the Nordstrom Strategic Analytics Team, and their exciting project on building out an Automated Machine Learning Platform that augments the abilities of individual data analysts.|
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- The four basic steps for improving the efficiency of data discovery in an organization.
- Shashank and his team's approach to query stitching.
- Learn the benefits of data analytics for your business.
- The significance of the Data Warehouse and Data Pipeline in improving the organization's decision-making culture.
- Understand why standardization is critical to effective data automation.
- Discover why data analysts will be among the most in-demand jobs in the future and why it's a beautiful field to be in.
Connect with Sam McKay
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sammckayenterprisedna/
- Website: https://www.enterprisedna.co/
About The Show
The Analytic Mind podcast provides an opportunity to learn from a diverse range of global data leaders. Hosted by Sam McKay, CEO of Enterprise DNA. Covered will be a range of data and analytics topics keeping you up to date with recent trends, organizational challenges, and opportunities for innovation in this exciting space.