Empowering Data Analytics Through Design Thinking With Brett Cohen
Listen as Brett Cohen discusses the importance of assigning value to your data assets and creating a data-driven culture.In this brand-new episode, Brett talks about assigning value to operational efficiency. He also discusses how the design thinking methodology can be used to improve your operational efficiency.To create data culture within your organization, Brett recommends two things:
- Find a champion of data who will drive the change and
- Show and quantify tangible results
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
“You don’t need to build a complex model to generate value from analytics.”
- Brett Cohen’s analytics background
- 3 main pillars for successful analytics: people, process, and technology
- How to assess and prioritize your analytics goal
- Assigning value to operational efficiency
- Think like a venturecapitalist
- Setting realistic goals that are not toodifficultor too easy toreach
- How to improve yourprocesses
- What isdesign thinking?
- Analytics without change is just data.
- Toolsforbuilding your own technologystack
- The versatility of analytics tools
- How to market yourself asan analyst
- Finding a champion of data who will drive thechange
- Technology can be bought, but culture needs to bedriven
- Focus on value and quantify as much as you can even if things aren’tquantifiable
About The Show
The Analytic Mind podcast provides an opportunity to learn from a diverse range of global data leaders. Hosted by Sam McKay, CEO of Enterprise DNA. Covered will be a range of data and analytics topics keeping you up to date with recent trends, organizational challenges, and opportunities for innovation in this exciting space.