Improving Data Literacy with George Mount
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- What defines a data-literate company?
- How Microsoft Excel remains a powerful tool
- How adding more advanced languages to Excel can enhance its capabilities
- What he gains from writing newsletters
- His best strategy for building his own personal profile online
- What's the next big thing in data analytics
"Typically, there's a lot of fear about automation. There's a lot of fear about sharing your knowledge. But really, the more knowledge that you can share, the more you grow and advance your career." - George Mount
"There's a value-add proposition in optimizing a process, diving deeper into the data, and building of analytical application that enable better decision-making. That inquisitive mind I think is a really strong trait for someone to naturally evolve their data analysis, data literacy skills, and really build a career in this space." - Sam McKay
Connect with Sam McKay
Connect with George Mount
Stringfest Analytics Website: https://gregdeckler.com/
Advancing into Analytics: From Excel to Python and R: https://www.amazon.com/Advancing-into-Analytics-Excel-Python/dp/149209434X
About The Show
The Analytic Mind podcast provides an opportunity to learn from a diverse range of global data leaders. Hosted by Sam McKay, CEO of Enterprise DNA. Covered will be a range of data and analytics topics keeping you up to date with recent trends, organizational challenges, and opportunities for innovation in this exciting space.