Power BI External Tool with Greg Deckler
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- The reemergence of a radically different and revolutionary tool, Power BI.
- Greg Beckler’s journey with the Power BI external toolbar.
- The Power BI desktop API and its unlimited possibilities.
- Fusion Alliance's strategic data management practice and type of engagements.
- Data architecture and golden data set building.
- Global adoption growth potential, untapped market, and huge learning curve.
”Everybody seems to want to build like this single tool that does like 50 different things, I guess, I think differently about that. I would rather have a tool and have it do one thing really well. It's specifically designed for a purpose. It doesn't have any kind of bloating or anything around it, when you want to use it, you launch it. And there you go. It's kind of weird. Some of these tools have five or six different things they do, and they don't relate at all to one another. It's just, 'Hey, here's some functionality.' I don't know if that's the right philosophy or not, but I tend to think complexity is evil. So I try to avoid it.”– Greg Deckler
Connect with Sam McKay
Connect with Greg Deckler
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gregdeckler/
- Website: https://gregdeckler.com/
- Fusion Alliance: https://fusionalliance.com/
- Blog: Microsoft Hates Greg's Quick Measures
About The Show
The Analytic Mind podcast provides an opportunity to learn from a diverse range of global data leaders. Hosted by Sam McKay, CEO of Enterprise DNA. Covered will be a range of data and analytics topics keeping you up to date with recent trends, organizational challenges, and opportunities for innovation in this exciting space.