Fundamentals In Power Query And M
Acquire an extensive knowledge and understanding of the Power Query and M language to help you easily transform your data from multiple sources into Power BI
Trusted by 220,000+ people worldwide.
An outline of this training course
Gain a comprehensive knowledge on Power Query as a tool in preparing, transforming and loading data; and designing and shaping tables for data modelling.
Develop an in-depth understanding of the elemental building blocks of all Power Query operations, whether accessed through the user interface (UI) or via custom M code.
In this course, Melissa de Korte provides a progressive framework with extensive examples that will allow you to perform a nearly infinite array of data transformations that will improve your data model, speed report performance, and simplify your DAX. This is the first of multiple Power Query/M courses that Melissa has planned over the coming years
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Gain - an extensive knowledge and understanding of the Power Query User interface and the components of the M language programming
- Explore - the features and capabilities of the Query Editor as a data transformation tool
- Develop - a holistic understanding of Power Query's elemental building blocks: values, lists, records, tables and functions
- Learn - how Power Query treats data types, and how to trap and correct common errors
- Obtain - expert insight into more advanced topics, such as environments and projection and selection
- Acquire - strategies for mastering M code over time
What you get with the course
- Almost 3 hours of intensive training videos
Here are the specifics for the course
Learn how to:
- Gain knowledge and understanding M language programming and Power Query.
- Features of Query Editor as data transformation tool
- Develop- understanding of elemental building blocks: values, lists, records, tbales and functions
- Acquire M code strategies
- Improve data model, speed report performance, and simplified DAX.
- Acquire extensive information on Power Query
- Easy transform data from multiple sources into Power BI
Melissa de Korte
Enterprise DNA Expert
- Skilled in ETL and Modelling. Delivered practical Power Query solutions in both Excel and Power BI.
- Expertise in analysing business process data. Delivering, deploying and supporting Power BI solutions throughout the organisation.
- All-round Power platform enthusiast.