Power BI Super Users Workshop
An in depth overview of the entire Power BI suite, with a focus on using Power BI to extract compelling insights from your own data.
Trusted by 220,000+ people worldwide.
An outline of this training course
This training course gives a beginner user of Power BI a complete overview of the various different parts of Power BI Desktop, Power BI online service and Power BI mobile applications. Reviewed are best practice techniques in how to develop reports in Power BI desktop and then how to use Power BI within your organization by harnessing the online service features.
Since its release, Microsoft Power BI has been changing the game for data professionals who want to upscale their reporting through compelling dashboards that deliver comprehensive analysis and insights.
In this course, Sam McKay will give a complete overview of the essential features of Power BI Desktop and Power BI online service. He will harness these features as he guides you through a step-by-step process on how to develop dynamic reports, following the 4 pillars of Power BI development:
- Data loading and transformation
- Data modeling
- DAX calculations
- Reports and visualizations
What are needed to take this course
Participants of this module should have a Power BI account and possess reporting and analytical skills. No other advance preparation is needed to take this course.
Who is the course for
If you are a beginner user of Power BI, an Excel user who want to upscale your reporting and/or transition to business intelligence role, or a data analyst who want to design custom dashboards and develop report with better insights, or a reporting manager who want to drive better business decisions, this is the course for you!
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Recognize - the key components of Power BI and the important features across the entire Power BI suite
- Link - the steps on how to bring in data from different sources into Power BI and transform the data in the Query Editor
- Distinguish - the process of setting up and managing data relationships for the data model
- Identify - appropriate DAX measures for your analysis
- Identify - the process of customizing reports using color themes, grids and custom visuals
- Determine - how to share report publicly using the Publish to Web feature
What you get with the course
- More than 6 hours of self-paced video training
- Resource pack with 1x demo data set and 1x pbix file
- Six review quizzes
- One final assessment
Field(s) of Study
Computer Software & App
Instruction Delivery Method
CPE Credits Awarded
9.5 CPE Credits
***This course was last updated in September 2020
Enterprise DNA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
CEO & Founder
- Sam is Enterprise DNA's CEO & Founder. He helps individuals and organizations develop data-driven cultures and create enterprise value by delivering business intelligence training and education on Microsoft’s Power BI platform
- He partners with business decision-makers and analysts across all industries and business functions.