- Sam is Enterprise DNA's CEO & Founder. He helps individuals and organizations develop data-driven cultures and create enterprise value by delivering business intelligence training and education on Microsoft’s Power BI platform
- He partners with business decision-makers and analysts across all industries and business functions.
Mastering DAX Calculations
Trusted by 220,000+ people worldwide.
An outline of this training course
This training will take you from a beginner to advanced user of Power BI by utilising the powerful DAX language to the fullest. Covered in the course material are all the beginner theory that you must understand very well to harness the analytical power of DAX. Through real-world scenarios you will be taken through how to use DAX in practice to discover the insights you want to find in your data. Covered are every major DAX function and how to use these when completing calculations and in combination with each other. DAX is the most difficult part of Power BI to learn and put into practice well. This course covers all major tips and techniques that if practiced will have any Power BI user creating compelling Power BI reports and solutions.
Participants of this module should have basic knowledge and understanding of how to use Power BI and DAX. It is recommended to have completed the Ultimate Beginners Guide to Power BI and DAX, and the Power BI Super Users Workshop modules. No other advance preparation needed to take this course.
Details of what you will learn during this course
- Learn - what DAX is and the journey required to master it
- Understand - what you can achieve with DAX if learnt well
- Review - DAX basics, including calculated columns vs measures, context & aggregation vs iteration formulas
- Understand - why a quality data model is so important
- Complete - a deep dive into simple aggregation and iterating functions
- Review - the concept of 'context' comprehensively
- Learn - the most important function in DAX, CALCULATE
- Learn - all the major table and filtering functions
- Review - how to use DAX in common analytical scenarios
- Gain - a detailed overview of time intelligence functions and how to use within your models
- Learn - advanced table functions and how to use them
- Master - some of the most complex topics around how DAX actually works
What you get with the course
- More than 9 hours of course videos
- 1x demo data sets to follow along when practicing all DAX formula
Here are the specifics for the course
Learn how to:
- Use DAX and also what you can achieve with DAX if utilised well
- Structure and format DAX formula
- Use DAX variables in your formulas effectively
- Use calculated columns and measures in your models
- Write aggregation, iteration and table DAX functions
- Implement DAX functions in combination with each other
- Visualise how the DAX calculation engine works via the concept of 'context'
- Audit your formulas by understand filter and row context
- Use the CALCULATE function in your analysis
- Add additional virtual filters to your calculations by using table functions
- Use DAX to solve common analytical scenarios you will face everyday in the real world
- Use time intelligence table along with a quality date table
- Use advanced table functions in unique calculation requirements
Field(s) of Study
Computer Software & App
Instruction Delivery Method
CPE Credits Awarded
14 CPE Credits
***This course was last updated in December 2019
Enterprise DNA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
Mastering DAX Calculations
Introduction to DAX
Getting started with DAX
Introducing Simple Table Functions
Expanding on CONTEXT
Time Intelligence Functions
Advanced Techniques For Variables
Creating Virtual Relationships
Advanced Table Functions
Advanced DAX Formula Combination Examples
CEO & Founder
What’s the difference between a free account and a paid plan?
Do I need to know anything about data science or data analytics to get started with Enterprise DNA?
How will I be charged?
Can I get an invoice for my company?
Are refunds available?
Will AI take over the world and make data skills worthless?
ChatGPT to Improve Productivity in Excel
Beginners Guide to ChatGPT
Beginners Guide to Power BI
Get full access to unparalleled
training & skill-building resources
Empowering the most valuable data analysts to expand their analytical thinking and insight generation possibilities.Learn More
Training, tools, and guidance to unify and upskill the data analysts in your workplace.Learn More